So, you’re doing a home makeover? Well we just so happen to have some tips for you. Keep reading!
- Pay attention to the SCALE of your furniture: For instance, if you have a Queen Anne railroad-style home, don’t go for overstuffed furniture. You don’t want your home to look too crowded. It’s better to try softer, slimmer pieces. Keep in mind that when picking furniture to buy, when you’re shopping in a large store, the furniture looks smaller.
- Focus on the FLOW: Don’t block the room’s natural pathways. It can be really frustrating to have to constantly dodge furniture and maneuver your way around a room. You should be able to walk through a room with ease.
- Keep it FASHIONABLE: Don’t overdo it, though. Decorating fashion changes just as fast as clothing fashion. Try to spend the bulk of your money on basic things and then you can use the remaining spending money on accessories.
- Check your COLORS: Experiment with your colors. Don’t just settle for the way colors look on color chips. Try the paint out on your wall and observe how it looks at different times in the day. You’ll have a better idea of what you really want after you’ve done this.
- Use ACCESSORIES: Accessories add so much more interest and personality to your home. You don’t have to spend a load of money on them either. Try little things like using colorful pillows to add spice to a sofa or trying animal print ribbons to tie your curtains up.
Hope you enjoyed these little pointers! Find them helpful? If you are looking for a custom home in Kingston, we can help build your dream home with our custom home building solutions and stunning designs for your next home in Kingston. If you’re thinking about doing some interior decorating, look no further – Custom Homes Kingston is here for you!